Policy is adopted by the City Council then administered by a professional city administrator, the City Manager. The City Manager is appointed by the City Council and holds office strictly at the pleasure of the Council. The City Manager is responsible to the City Council for the efficient administration of all business affairs of the city. In carrying out this responsibility, the Charter provides that the City Manager shall have the following power and obligation:
- To appoint and remove all subordinate officers and employees of the city, with the exception of the City Attorney and the City Clerk
- To be the purchasing agent for the city by whom all purchase, and supplies shall be made and shall approve all vouchers for the payment of same
- To exercise control and direct supervision over all departments and divisions of the municipal government
- To keep the City Council fully advised as to the financial condition and needs of the city and to submit for its consideration an annual budget
- To recommend to the City Council for adoption such measures, as he may deem necessary or expedient in the interest of the city.
- To see that the laws and ordinances of the city are enforced
FY 2021 Work Plan